Lesson Text; Ezra 3:1-3, Psalm 27:1-6
- Rebuilding The Altar of Courage (Overcoming Our Fears)
- Rebuilding The Altar of Sacrifice (Overcoming Our Flesh)
- Rebuilding The Altar of Praise (Overcoming Our Circumstances)
Questions (What was your takeaway from Sunday’s Sermon?)
- I. Getting to Know “Me”
- Are you a better listener or talker?
- If you had a warning label, what would it say?
- II. Into the Bible
- According to 1 Peter 1:6-9, what is the significance of trials in the believer’s life?
- Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego faced the fiery furnace without fear in Daniel 3. What can we learn from their example in overcoming fear? Reference your answer with scripture.
- III. Life Application
- Romans 8:5-8 speaks of the flesh and the carnal mind. One verse says to be carnally minded is death and to be spiritually minded is life and peace. What can we do to be more spiritually minded to overcome our flesh?
- Overcoming fear is sometimes easier said than done, so sometimes we have to just “do the thing” that God has asked us to do. Share your strategies of how you’ve been able to move past your fear and toward your assignment.